Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves saving and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's survey these. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you desire to run a web site, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage plans often include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a given stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly wrong interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific vendors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a big number of pictures with mates or colleagues since the solution is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some corporations provide web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email service. If you want to open an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video clips as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At ECBuzz.com, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific content only.